Monday, February 22, 2010

Our Lady of Perpetual Help


This morning I received a call from Lupita, who had decided to keep her baby on day 1 of the 40 days for life campaign. She and her baby are doing fine! The reason for the call was to ask me to be on the lookout and to call a young woman by the name of Elizabeth whom she had met and was scheduled to have an abortion this morning. Please note that all the names we use are pseudonyms and not the person’s real name.

I spoke to Elizabeth on the phone and she told me that she has three children. We established that in reality she has four children, one of whom is on the way. Elizabeth is six weeks pregnant and after a long conversation she told me that she would think about what she would want to do. Elizabeth ended up not going to her abortion appointment that was scheduled for 9:00 a.m. Praise God! And please, keep Elizabeth in your prayers, so she is not tempted to have the abortion.

Another extraordinary thing that happened by coincidence (Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous -Albert Einstein) is that I found out that a lady that had decided to keep her baby during the Fall 40 days for life campaign and is now around seven months pregnant and is doing fine. Please keep her and her baby in your prayers. Below, please find what was written on the log back on October 9th 2009:

“Have you seen the icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Help? How Jesus as a child runs to His mother’s arms for consolation? Do you remember when as a child you ran to your mother’s arms for consolation? This morning after praying/counseling at the clinic, I placed Our Lady (the one we take to the abortion clinic) on the center table at home, got on my knees and hugged her. I needed to be consoled like a child needs to be consoled by his mother. Let me explain:

A lady that I will call Alejandra as a pseudonym parked on the street in front of me. She went into the clinic to abort. A few minutes later she came out saying that she wants to keep her baby. I started talking to her and giving her the information we have. I even gave her a PAS (post abortion syndrome) pamphlet so she can read on the trauma that abortion causes on women. She started crying and told me that her husband was pressuring her to abort, that she was scared. She was happy and scared for her baby, but wanted to keep it. She asked me to pray for her husband. That’s when Nurse Irma appeared. This nurse is the daughter of the co-owner of the abortion clinic and she continually harasses people. We both told her to go away and Irma kept insisting on knowing what I was telling Alejandra. Alejandra told Irma that I was talking to her about God, but Irma kept at it. We waked to Alejandra’s car and Irma followed us wanting to know why she wanted to abort. Irma used a mixture of truths and lies on Alejandra. She told her to pray about it, but also told her that there are many children not loved, that babies aborted don’t feel pain, because in her own words, “nobody remembers when they where in their mother’s womb, so if you can’t remember then you don’t know if something hurts." It can be intimidating and disturbing how the evil one fights for each and every child and how Alejandra had decided to keep her baby, and he came after her using nurse Irma as his instrument.

As Alejandra was leaving I placed my pro-life rosary on her hand and told her that I will be praying. Irma wanted to grab the rosary from Alejandra, but she clinched it, got on her car and left with tears rolling down her eyes.

That’s why I got home and ran to my Heavenly Mother’s arms. The fight against abortion is about helping the souls at risk of eternal damnation. It’s about bringing hope to those parents who are scared. It’s about bringing the Kingdom of God within anyone’s reach. God in His infinite Mercy takes care of the babies and when one baby is saved, well that is another soul that will glorify his Creator and will praise and exalt Him above all forever!

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Divine Power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who wander throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.”


For Life!

Miguel

No comments:

Post a Comment