Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 10 - Break the record?

A total of 4 lives were saved today! It is so hard to describe the feeling. But while at the abortion clinic today I remembered something that could help describe perfectly how it feels when a LIFE is saved.

A few months ago while in NY/CT area, I went to the soccer Gold Cup championship game between Mexico and USA. I was rooting for Mexico, but don't get me wrong, I love the USA too! The stadium was packed, everyone was excited and Mexico won that game 5-0. After the 3rd goal, the whole stadium chanted, "CUATRO! CUATRO! CUATRO!" Which means, "FOUR! FOUR! FOUR!" You could feel your heart beating quite fast and your blood rushing, hoping and praying for another goal to secure the win. 

Everyone cheered on with all their heart, and then GOAL! We were all extremely euphoric, jumping up and down, giving high-fives, hugging your neighbor etc. The score was now 4-0. The crowd then started chanting, "CINCO! CINCO! CINCO!" And again that same feeling of your heart beating and then again, another GOAL! 


I found this video online that can show how it was. It's a bit silly but I know you'll understand.
 

This is exactly how I felt this morning. I received a text message from Cristina, a wonderful sidewalk counselor from the other abortion clinic, letting me know that 3 babies were saved (2 of them are twins!) You just want to jump in the air and shout and thank God for those lives. I know its a different setting than a soccer or football game but its worth the shouting and rejoicing! It's an indescribable joy. I was out there with Vanessa when the 4th life was saved and I wish all of our pro-life friends were there to rejoice with us! I felt like screaming, "CINCO! CINCO! CINCO!" as I remembered the soccer game.
The face of this young woman was so joyful, I knew right away she had changed her mind. She was at the clinic with a friend of hers, who I'm sure talked her out of it. The friend mentioned to her, "God will provide!" with a smile on her face. I'm thankful for great friends like that!!

Now, can you imagine how heaven rejoices? If only we could see the angels and the communion of saints. Isn't that an amazing thought?


Gabriela
**Side note: Please pray for Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment