Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 16 - Prayers are heard!

Yes, our prayers for His precious unborn babies are heard, regardless of where we are!

A dear sidewalk counselor and friend of mine sent me a text message asking me to pray for a woman who was in the abortion clinic and her friend was trying to convince her not to get the abortion. I work from my home and I took a little break just to pray. I lit two candles, one for the woman and one for her precious baby, and I asked the Virgin de Guadalupe to intercede for us. I also asked my daughter to pray as well, as she drove home from work.

As I was deep in meditative prayer this thought came to me - I pictured this tiny precious little life swimming happily within it’s mother’s womb. This baby was jumping for joy and was so happy to be safe and warm. I begged and pleaded to God to please spare this dear little heart from the pain of being aborted. I prayed that the Holy spirit would touch the mother somehow and that she would change her mind. I also prayed that the friend would say something or do something to convince this mother to keep her baby.

To my surprise, about an hour later, my prayers were answered! This tiny precious baby that I pictured in my mind was still swimming happily within it’s mother’s womb. This precious child was created by God to do great things and it will live to jump, play and swim! Thanks be to God! What a joyful day this is!

Yours in Christ, 
Sonia
Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I dedicated you, a prophet to the nations I appointed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment